With big name European sides including Liverpool, Ajax, Roma, Bayer Leverkusen and Rangers all involved, this season’s UEFA Europa League looks set to be a particularly memorable one.
Europe’s secondary club football competition was last year won by Spanish giants Sevilla, who saw off José Mourinho’s Roma in a tense penalty shoot-out.
Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool come into this season’s tournament as favorites. Fellow Premier League sides Brighton and West Ham are also heavily backed to lift the trophy in Dublin in May 2024.
Below, we’ll outline the best live TV streaming services you can use to watch every game live, wherever you are in the world.
UEFA Europa League 2023 to 24: When and where?
This season’s tournament kicks off with the first set of group matches on Thursday, Sept. 21. The tournament’s knockout stages begin with the round of 16 on Feb. 23, 2024, while the final takes place at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin, Ireland on May 22.
How to watch every Europa League 2023/24 game online from anywhere using a VPN
If you find yourself unable to view Europa League matches locally, you may need a different way to watch the action — that’s where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to stop your ISP from throttling your speeds on game day by encrypting your traffic, and it’s also a great idea if you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network, and you want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and logins.
With a VPN, you’re able to virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to get access to the game. So if your internet provider or mobile carrier has stuck you with an IP address that incorrectly shows your location in a blackout zone, a VPN can correct that problem by giving you an IP address in your correct, nonblackout area. Most VPNs, like our Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPN, make it really easy to do this.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, including the US, UK and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service you’re streaming. You should be sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: Even where VPNs are legal, the streaming service may terminate the account of anyone it deems to be circumventing correctly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great VPN deals taking place right now.
Livestream UEFA Europa League 2023/24 games in the US
American soccer fans can stream every fixture of this season’s tournament via Paramount Plus, which has exclusive live English-language broadcast rights in the US for the Europa League.
Livestream Europa League 2023/24 games in the UK
Europa League live broadcast rights in the UK are held by TNT Sports (formerly known as BT Sport).
Livestream Europa League 2023/24 games in Canada
If you want to stream Europa League games live in Canada, you’ll need to subscribe to DAZN Canada. The service has exclusive broadcast rights to the tournament this season.
Livestream the UEFA Europa League 2023/24 in Australia
Football fans Down Under can watch Europa League matches on streaming service Stan Sport, which has exclusive rights to show the tournamente live in Australia this season.
Quick tips for streaming UEFA Europa League matches using a VPN
- With four variables at play — your ISP, browser, video streaming provider and VPN — your experience and success when streaming Europa League games may vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as a default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search for city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after you’ve turned on your VPN and set it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file with your account. Second, some smart TVs — like Roku — don’t have VPN apps you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll have to install the VPN on your router or the mobile hotspot you’re using (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with smart TV services, after you install a cable network’s sports app, you’ll be asked to verify a numeric code or click a link sent to your email address on file for your smart TV. This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, since both devices will appear to be in the correct location.
- And remember, browsers can often give away a location despite using a VPN, so be sure you’re using a privacy-first browser to log into your services. We normally recommend Brave.